Sons of God Forums

Not a religious organisation

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-21 09:10:11

Nesianstyle

Nesianstyle - Feral Tank (MS) / Boomkin (OS)

1.Do you know anyone in Sons of God?

No, I don't know anyone in Sons Of God.

2.What role do you perform best at in a raid situation?

I tank and balance DPS very well.

3.Is the applying character your main? Are you the account owner?

The character I am wanting to apply on is Nesianstyle. It is the only 85 toon I have on this server. My main is a holy Paladin You on the US server Destromath. I am the account owner.

4.Please tell us of your raiding/heroic experience if any?

I have tanked, healed and DPS every regular mode encounter from vanilla except Naxx40, AQ40 and Sunwell. My current heroic experience in Cataclysm is limited to Heroic Shannox (10) and Majordomo (25).

5.What are your Professions and why did you choose them?

My professions are Inscription and Leatherworking.

I leveled Inscription for the passive 80+ major stat bonus to shoulder enchants. I also needed a scribe on this server as glyphs are incredibly expensive. Starting new toons here would be an expensive exdevour as I am a little OCD with any alts I level. I have to learn every glyph for my class. Also, Inscription is essential for making lots of gold.

Leatherworking was also for the 80+ major stat but also for the cheap tanking leg enchant.

I don't like professions that have a "proc" or "on-use" for a major stat bonus. I much prefer the passive bonuses.

6.What is it you enjoy most about playing WoW?

I love playing this game with others. The teamwork required to complete content is very rewarding for me.

7.What is your timezone?

UTC/GMT +13 hours (NZDT)

8.Why did you leave your previous guild?

The guild I am in currently was formed by a few friends from Destromath server. It was just a guild we tried to level up while we leveled our toons. We don't raid much and when we do, it is pretty hard to find a time that suits us all as we are from all over the place; NZ, AUS, Canada, US.

9.Why do you wish to join Sons of God?

I came to Frostmourne with a couple of goals in mind. 1. To raid on weeknights and 2. Get hard mode experience. This guild provides both those things.

Edit: just realised I missed something here. Destromath is my main server where I run a US based guild with my GF. We raid on Sat/Sun 12.30 - 3.30 PM (all times I mention are Sydney time to make timezone differences a bit clearer/easier). The server is dead after 4PM and by the time I get home from work I have nothing to do. I decided to roll a toon on Frostmourne so I could find a raid team during weeknights.

10.What is your age?

I am 30.

11.Gear Level. What content are you able to perform in effectively?

My current tank gear should allow me to tank all regular Firelands content. For heroic modes, I think I may need a few more pieces for fights like Beth and maybe Baleroc.

12. Are you prepared to bring enough consumables to last the entire raid night? If so what consumables would you bring?

I stockpile my raid consumables and am ready with 90 AGI Food, AGI/STAM Flasks and Tol'vir Pots. I also carry Mastery / Magic Resist elixirs as many fights like Rag will benefit more from elixirs than flasks.

Edit: I also carry 90 INT food, Draconic Flasks and Volcanic pots for my offspec.

13. What sort of attendance do you anticipate over the next two months?

I will be available for raids for the next 2 months.

14. Do you have any World of Log parses you can link?

I don't have much in the way of parses for my new druid. I think I have a parse that I captured for my 6/7 FL run the first week I hit 85. I might also have parses from my druid on Destromath if you would like that. I am at work right now so I cannot access my WoL's pages. Will update my app when I get home tho.

15. If you had to look up information about your class and/or spec where would you go?
For feral tanking I use your general TC'ing sites such as Elitestjerks and RAWR. However I have found some great information from http://sunnierbear.blogspot.com/ and theincbear.com

And finally please provide an ARMORY link for the character you wish to apply on. (And please remember to try and log out with the gear you intend to raid with)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f … yle/simple

My offspec is Resto on the armory but I was just trying it for the first time last week. My preferred OS is Balance and I have entry level Firelands gear for Balance. Also, my feral glyphs/spec/reforge might be off...I was experimenting with a hybrid tank spec in BWD where I reforged to mastery instead of dodge so I could DPS  well when I wasn't tanking. I can't remember if I switched it back to my normal setup. I don't have armory at work to check sorry.

My Druid on Destromath is:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d … chz/simple
which is gemmed/spec'ed and reforged how I would normally do it.

Last edited by Nesianstyle (2011-11-21 09:34:56)

#2 2011-11-21 15:25:44

dreamseller
Administrator

Re: Nesianstyle - Feral Tank (MS) / Boomkin (OS)

Hi Nesianstyle thanks for the app we'll be in touch here shortly

2uerx8l.jpg

#3 2011-11-22 03:08:54

Nesianstyle

This is my WoL's parse. I have only done FL's twice on this character and only 6/7. However I have been pretty lucky with drops.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/217c0115fnyaqkr5/

Also I am happy to be a super-sub if you already have tanks with 90%+ attendance.

#4 2011-11-22 06:26:12

Espex
Administrator

Good App, Good Attitude +1

#5 2011-11-22 08:16:52

dreamseller
Administrator

thanks for the parse. everything looks good there, no silly deaths. dps looks good for a tank, only thing i wasn't sure about was the riplimb death, but could have been other tank's fault if it was due to separation anxiety

+1 from me

2uerx8l.jpg

#6 2011-11-22 08:19:40

Nesianstyle

dreamseller wrote:

only thing i wasn't sure about was the riplimb death, but could have been other tank's fault if it was due to separation anxiety

ahh yeah I think that was silly dps not finishing the dog b4 pushing Shannox 30%

#7 2011-11-22 08:53:31

Palliex

Well structured app, +1

#8 2011-11-22 09:07:18

dreamseller
Administrator

good point.

should be able to fit you in for FL trial tomorrow night at 7pm can you make it?

2uerx8l.jpg

#9 2011-11-22 09:08:06

Nesianstyle

Awesome, I'll be there tomorrow.

#10 2011-11-22 14:10:04

Newchance
Administrator

looking forward to it.

Board footer