Sons of God Forums

Not a religious organisation

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-05 06:36:29

Chiasm

Chiasm - Resto Druid (MS) / Boomy (OS)

1.Do you know anyone in Sons of God?
Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of meeting any of you in game. Currently on the server Dath'Remar which is dead. Looking to come back to frostmourne.

2.What role do you perform best at in a raid situation?
Tried many things. Was a warrior tank for BWD/BoT now a resto druid an loving it. I like to keep people HoT

3.Is the applying character your main? Are you the account owner?
Yes. Only have another 85 resto shaman on FM. All my other toons are on Dath'Remar. I am the account owner smile

4.Please tell us of your raiding/heroic experience if any?
Unfortunately I don't have any heroic raiding experience. I have watched tankspot/l2raid vids for heroice encounters. I have been playing for a while and am a bit ashamed I'm still going but I enjoy the game.

5.What are your Professions and why did you choose them?
Currently I'm a JC/Leatherworker. The combination of Gems and really cheap wrist/pant enchants really goes well for a healer. I think they're two good professions to have as a resto druid.

6.What is it you enjoy most about playing WoW?
PvE. WoW's a game and should remain fun and challenging. I love raiding but what keeps me playing is the people around. I don't take the game seriously though I am afraid I use too sad

7.What is your timezone?
Sydney +10 GMT

8.Why did you leave your previous guild?
I do like the people in the guild but I don't think they are quite balanced. Currently running 2 raid teams one 3 night one 2 night. I was in the 2 night raid group and found it frustrating that people did not run heroics for gear or even bring consumables. I know it's a game and that play time is limited but it hurts progression when players are unable to gear themselves up or even come prepared. I'll be honest and say I have not left the guild yet but have explained to the officers I am looking else where. Staying in the guild for the lovely mass ress buff.

9.Why do you wish to join Sons of God?
I love stress smile I will be true and don't know much about the guild. I could say I love you all long time but we all know that is a lie. Unless you're reading it. Then I do love you. In all seriousness I can only say what I'd bring. A healthy attitude, plenty of tree love and did I mention Gold for wipes??

10.What is your age?
It may be hard to believe but I'm 27 sad Tis old

11.Gear Level. What content are you able to perform in effectively?
Current ilvl is 376. We've only tried Rag post nerf once. I think I've always performed well but you can ask others. I'm confident I can try HM's. Skill > Gear but unfortunately you need both.

12. Are you prepared to bring enough consumables to last the entire raid night? If so what consumables would you bring?
Mana pots, Conc Pots, Where fish feasts aren't available severed sagefish head, flask of draconic mind and most importantly snowballs!!!

13.If you had to look up information about your class and/or spec where would you go?
The Daily Druid, Elitist Jerks are two of my favourites. Other sites include boss specific sites such as tankspot.

And finally please provide an ARMORY link for the character you wish to apply on. (And please remember to try and log out with the gear you intend to raid with)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d … asm/simple

On a spec specific note I change my spec around a lot. I'm playing around with a no empowered touch spec since lifebloom tends to be overheals and HoT's. I think it works since you can easily refresh LB with another application and regrowth/swithmend to get your harmony up.

If you want to see my mods in action you can look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1P60A-0NCU. Sorry about the music but yes 90's boyband music FTW!!! Resolution is not the best but you can see some of me mods.

Last edited by Chiasm (2011-10-05 06:41:15)

#2 2011-10-05 10:45:38

Flap

Re: Chiasm - Resto Druid (MS) / Boomy (OS)

Very solid app and came just at the right time, our previous resto druid just bailed a few weeks ago and we're in need of another healer (I think?) to join the ranks of myself and Palliex.

Definantly be online tonight 7pm server time, presume you will get an invite/trial thingy.

#3 2011-10-05 11:53:44

Chiasm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would love to tonight but I am still on dath remar. I won't be able to xfer in time for seven. At work now and tried to xfer but I have in game mail. I am still interested though. Hopefully this doesn't ruin my application. will definitely be able to make Sunday and Wednesday onwards.

#4 2011-10-05 15:49:40

Flap

Yeh thats fine man, sunday (if we havnt cleared 7/7) we will probably have something left since we're starting into 2 new hardmodes now I think so we should have some decent nights.

#5 2011-10-05 16:48:36

Exolight

as Flap said, whisper Vraael, lovenest, Bestchance or Dream for a ginvite

#6 2011-10-05 17:14:54

dreamseller
Administrator

app looks good, gear is fine for hard modes, few things about your spec though:

you should have empowered touch. also i'd tweak a lot of the supplementary talents. two of the top ranking specs on world of logs are these:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent … !WVUgTOmnp

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZRfuhd0ru0uo:VocVmb

4.Please tell us of your raiding/heroic experience if any?
Unfortunately I don't have any heroic raiding experience. I have watched tankspot/l2raid vids for heroice encounters. I have been playing for a while and am a bit ashamed I'm still going but I enjoy the game.

i feel the same way. have played for way too long. currently sog is a good fit for me as a result of this, we are a pretty cool group of people who seem to have the life/wow balance worked out a lot more than the three/four nights per week guilds.

8.Why did you leave your previous guild?
I do like the people in the guild but I don't think they are quite balanced. Currently running 2 raid teams one 3 night one 2 night. I was in the 2 night raid group and found it frustrating that people did not run heroics for gear or even bring consumables. I know it's a game and that play time is limited but it hurts progression when players are unable to gear themselves up or even come prepared.

yeah that sucks. noobs would say that's an elitist attitude, i would say preparation in wow is like finely tuning a machine, it's the best part!

we'll all be online tonight if you transfer over tonight for a ginvite (transfers take like 30 minutes now iirc). or raid on sunday night assuming we don't full clear with some hardmodes tonight smile

2uerx8l.jpg

#7 2011-10-05 19:42:55

Chiasm

Thanks a heap ppl smile

Have processed the transfer but it's taking longer then an hour. Will check later tonight again or if not in the morning.

As for the spec I think I will change it. I like the options of being able to heal a tank in bursts that not having empowered touch gives but it probably gimps the replenishment and lifebloom stacks. I don't think I'll go for the tank heal spec though but am happy to spec into it if the guild needs it or it's needed for bosses.

Thanks again. Will whisper you soon smile

#8 2011-10-06 00:12:17

bnzai

Empowered touch is a great talent, it's the most efficient way to refresh lifebloom's that you're rolling on the tank.
For a tank heal spec, you'd want to pick up 3/3 living seed over nature's bounty.

Nature's bounty only pulls ahead when you have TONS of mana to spare, and can actually afford to be throwing regrowths around like no tomorrow. The only time this comes to mind is like, when you've fully procced jaws of defeat and in tree form to throw instant regrowths around. So it's pretty much never xD

Best of luck, these penguins are the best to raid with big_smile

#9 2011-10-12 14:07:51

Newchance
Administrator

thx bnzai smile your a boss

Board footer