Not a religious organisation

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-05 21:33:09

Valarr
Regi

Valarr - Resto Shaman

1.Do you know anyone in Sons of God?

No.

2.What role do you perform best at in a raid situation?

AOE healing, clutch heals on raid members to make the most of mastery. I don't tend to put a lot of effort into topping people up as that is not this classes strength and is best left to somebody like a Druid. I will pitch in to help where healing is needed though. If not LB spam for mana is fun smile

3.Is the applying character your main? Are you the account owner?

Yes this character is my main. Yes I am the account owner.

4.Please tell us of your raiding/heroic experience if any?

As a Raid leader (still currently leading a 10 man raid) we cleared all except Nef and Al'Akir. We had a lot of attempts at Nef but there were a section of people that were letting the group down, subsequently these people have been removed.

5.What are your Professions and why did you choose them?

Mining and Engineering. I chose mining for the money and to support engineering. I chose Engineering for the repair bot, mailbox and also because my current race of Goblin demands Engineering smile

6.What is it you enjoy most about playing WoW?

The challenge of raid progression and open world pvp. As well as doing random achievement nights with guildies for fun.

7.What is your timezone?

GMT +10

8.Why did you leave your previous guild?

It is too segmented with the Elitists choosing to only help themselves while other people try to form up raids with 'left-overs' for lack of a better word. All guild resources such as money, enchant mats, food etc are taken by the top tier raiders (who don't tend to contribute a great deal tbh). It is starting to get frustrating, also as I am on a non-oceanic time-zoned server atm it is difficult to find extra to stock up our current 10 man.

9.Why do you wish to join Sons of God?

From what I have seen on the forums Sons of God seem like a guild that are keen to progress but not have the super elitist jerk type mentality that I am not a particular fan of.

10.What is your age?

11.Gear Level. What content are you able to perform in effectively?

360. I believe I am effective in the hectic kind of fights that see people running around with low health and require correct prioritisation and analysis of existing heals\buffs and debuffs. Fights like HM Halfus and Chimaeron were a lot of fun and I seemed to do quite well at them.

12. Are you prepared to bring enough consumables to last the entire raid night? If so what consumables would you bring?

As a current RL I usually bring enough feasts to last 4 hours worth of raiding a night. I also bring Concentration Pots and Flasks to last me a whole raid. I try to bring spares too incase people have forgotten.

13.If you had to look up information about your class and/or spec where would you go?

-Elitist Jerks
-Shaman Specific Blizz WoW Forums
-Flow was good but the blogger has not had a lot of time recently :\
-Life in Group 5 is also a pretty good blog about resto and healing in general.

And finally please provide an ARMORY link for the character you wish to apply on. (And please remember to try and log out with the gear you intend to raid with)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f … arr/simple

#2 2011-07-05 22:09:17

Newchance
Administrator

Re: Valarr - Resto Shaman

Well structured app. Were you the priest who whispered me ingame? In any case, we are trialing a healer tomorrow night and I will update this thread with the outcome of the trial if you are still interested after tomorrow night. Good luck.

#3 2011-07-05 22:33:09

Valarr
Regi

Newchance wrote:

Well structured app. Were you the priest who whispered me ingame? In any case, we are trialing a healer tomorrow night and I will update this thread with the outcome of the trial if you are still interested after tomorrow night. Good luck.

Nope, it was not me who whispered you.

Thanks for the quick reply and good luck raiding tomorrow smile

#4 2011-07-05 23:58:34

bnzai

Good app, +1
Only other question I would have is what kindof raiding experience do you have pre-4.1,
and if you had a screenshot of your ui xD

#5 2011-07-06 16:28:18

Newchance
Administrator

One more question..

How many Valaar points do you have?

.... nothing?

#6 2011-07-06 20:17:47

Valarr
Regi

bnzai wrote:

Good app, +1
Only other question I would have is what kindof raiding experience do you have pre-4.1,
and if you had a screenshot of your ui xD

None as a healer, I was dps on my Rogue. We got to Professor Putricide from memory before out group fell apart due to outside commitments. I then had a break for a few months and came back a few months before Cata come out. Previous to Wrath I had very little raid experience as unless you were in the elite core group of the guild you got shunted. The core group has been together since Vanilla so it was and still is impossible to break into it.

In Ulduar we got to Vezax and wiped on about 10% for a few weeks. Never ended up getting him down, the group seemed to lose interest and motivation and eventually it fell apart. ToC I never had a raid group for it as lots of people had no interest in the content so they quit WoW until ICC was released or about to be released. I pugged 10 and 25 mans a few times and killed all the bosses in there at least once.

I'll also add that in Firelands we are 1/2 with 3 sub 1% wipes (yes 3..in a row too) on Beth'tilac. Our DPS could never get the very last spawn of Spiderlings down in time so Beth'tilac ate 1 sometimes 2 of them and that killed us in the end.

My UI is nothing flash, I still use default raid frames and the usual stuff like Omen, Recount, Quartz and Decursive..

MyUI.png

Newchance wrote:

One more question..

How many Valaar points do you have?

.... nothing?

Never enough sad

Last edited by Valarr (2011-07-06 20:25:56)

#7 2011-07-10 23:18:05

dreamseller
Administrator

+1 to trial this guy

trial shaman has made 1/2 raids. what sort of attendance you reckon you could make valarr (2 nights is lol tbh)?

2uerx8l.jpg

Board footer